Do I purchase a leather couch or fabric? When you are ready to buy a new couch, this is when your credit report is positive (if you’re not sure, take a look at www.creditreport760.com) there’s one question you ask yourself. Both have benefits and drawbacks, depending on your family. A good-quality leather couch lasts longer than a fabric couch. Experts say that a leather couch has an average life of 10 years whereas a fabric couch has life of around 5 years. Naturally, the leather couch is more expensive. But expenses apart, you have to look at the occupants of your family. Here are some things you must consider:
- Young children: If you have young children, leather is the better option as it is much easier to clean up and wipe away messes. Choose hold its shape even after some roughhousing.
- Pets: Cats destroy furniture unless you have them well-trained. So it makes sense to choose the less expensive option so that you can replace it more often.
- Weather: Leather can get cold in winter, so don’t gamble on it being warm enough, you might need to use a throw blanket. In summer, leather couches are cool and comfortable.
- Options: Fabric couches come in so many different patterns and colors. You can choose couches depending on the décor of your room. A well-chosen fabric couch adds warmth and beauty to any room. Leather comes in just a few plain colors.
- Comfort: A leather couch becomes more comfortable with use. It holds its shape better over time and does not become lumpy like fabric couches do.